* Soli Sorabjee Committee – Police Reforms
* B.K.Chaturvedi Committee – Domestic Oil Pricing Policy
* Punchi Commission – Center-State ties
* Sarkaria Commission – Center-State relations & Balance of power
* Balwantrai Mehta Committee – Community Development Program (recommended Panchayati Raj System)
* Ashok Mehta Committee 2-tier Panchayat Raj System
* Jivanlal Kapur Commission – Gandhi Murder Case
* Shah Nawaz Committee (1956)- Death of Subhash Chandra Bose
* Khosla Commission (1970) – Death of Subhash Chandra Bose
* Mukherjee Commission (1999) – Death of Subhash Chandra Bose
* Kaka Kalelkar Commission (1955) – 1st commission on Backward Classes
* Mandal Commission (1979) – OBC Quota & other Reservations
* Nanavati Commission 1984 – Anti Sikh riots
* U.C.Banerjee Panel 2002 – Godhra riots
* Raghavan Committee – Anti Ragging
* Yashpal Committee – Reforms in High Schools (Suggested Grading system)
* Yashpal Panel Higher Education
* Justice Umesh Chandra Bennerjee Committee – Godra probe
* Nanavati Mehta Committee 2002 – Godhra riots
* Kapil Dev Committee – Cricket Development.
* Sayeed Hameed to study the extincting Jarua tribe of Andaman Nicobar Islands.
* Justice M.S. Siddiquee – Minority Education Instututions.
* Justice Jeevan Reddi Committee – On special rights given to Manipur Armed Forces. * Sachar Committe – Social, Economical and Educational status of Muslims
* Ranganath Mishra Commission – 15% Reservation to Muslims
* Liberhan Commission – Babri Masjid Demolition
* Kakodkar Committee – IIT Reforms
Prof. Jayathi Gosh commission – Suicides of Andhra Pradesh farmeres.Jayathi Gosh is professor in economics department in Jawahar Lal Nehru University.
* Central Vigilance Commission Pratyusha Sinha
* Finance Commission Vijay Kelkar
* Planning Commission PM (Deputy Chairman – Montek Singh Ahluwalia) * National Commission for Women Girija Vyas * National Commission for Minorities Md.Shafi Qureshi * National Human Rights Commission K.G.Balakrishnan * National Knowledge Commission Sam Pitroda * 1st Administrative Reforms Commission Morarji Desai * 2nd Administrative Reforms Commission V.Ramachandran* Veerappa moilee commission – Second state re-organisation commission* Unorganised Sector Development – Arjun Sen Guptha Commission